In the Dark Corner ****************** Away from hustle bustle of picnic spot, a ripe-aged man was standing in a dark corner of park, was taking puffs of cigarette. Enjoying smoking, he was interrupted by an inquisite young man, who was curious to know why that old man was standing there alone, puffing cigarette. The old man replied that he was smoking in that dark corner of the park, because he did not want to be observed by his son. Abruptly, he observed that young man, too, was holding cigarette in his hand and was about to take puff. The old man asked him, "Why are you standing in this deserted corner, leaving the joy of company of others?" The young man replied, "I don't want to be noticed by my parents that I smoke" Rajni Chhabra 22/10/2024
WHAT TO SCRIBBLE? RAJASTHANI POEM BY ILA PAREEK WHAT TO SCRIBBLE? A child will take birth soon Thinking so, the whole family rejoices But after knowing about daughter in the womb An atmosphere of death dominates the scene " Get it aborted." Mother -in- law instructs her so Baby girl in womb On hearing this , wriggles Feeling hurt badly like The innocent crane Attacked by arrows of Lord Ram My heart instructed me at once To scribble about Pathos of this unborn daughter This girl Lachami has Attained age of five years All rejoice together In courtyard echoes Sound of her anklets She smiles merrily When tempted by neighbourer To give her candies Saviour turning into killer Brings shame to humanity My heart instructed me... Scribble cries of this girl When lass attains Age of sixteen years Smiles beholding herself In mirror Fancying about Forthcoming days Becomes happy In her dreams But, O! God This cruel person Burns her with acid Beholding her old pics...
KANCHANJUNGA USHERED ***************************** I asked clouds, fog, smoky dust They said You don't own any part of sky, Birbhadra! I asked high mountains , too They said You don't own any surface, Birbhadra! It is very true that I don't own any house, any palace, Sir. Not even shambles I merely own a hut In which dwells my mother Once, narrating my story to Kanchanjangha I pleaded Blessing me, she said Calm down, Birbhadra! Observe patience Don't narrate this story to Anybody else than me Listening to it Neither snow, nor Himalaya will melt Even huge stones can melt, but When stones melt You will suffer more pain Than me, Birbhadra ! After listening to her Caves dwelling in me Are constantly waiting For soft sunlight You blame me that I am greedy This name has been defamed always Tell me, of what use will This name be. To you.
Comments
Post a Comment